Tuesday, January 11

Soon , very soon!!!

Today was great:) Dr Yusuf finally got a smile from Regina. :) 4 months Regina was hiding her face from Dr Yusuf, and finally today she spoke to him and smiled. :) I think she is happy that we are finally back in E clinic with Dr Gajjar. :) IT was such a sweet moment for me. :) She even got pictures taken with Dr Yusuf and Katie and she smiled( Yes, it is important for me).

Then we saw Dr Gajjar and Valerie. Lot of my guestions were answered today. One thing I am not very happy about is that Reginas line has to stay in because she will be off the TPN and she will need electrolytes, and her blood has to be checked often etc, so Dr Gajjar thinks it is best if her line remains in her for next 3 months to prevent all needle sticking. :( I am not exited about it. I AM NOT. 3 more months away from St Jude , 3 more months changing her dressing 3 times a week, 3 more months of flushing her line every morning. Regina thinks it is great Idea to keep her line in because she does not like poking. We'll see. They are talking about letting us go end of next week if everything goes well. They will reduce the amount of TPN today and monitor her kidneys. There are so many little things that has to be done before we leave.

Of course her ANC dropped , it was 1800 today. And it will take time until it recovers . Everything will happen gradually.

Regina is eating more and more. Today she had whole corndog , pear, chips, 3 glasses of milk, apple juice. And I think she will eat more later. :) Yeah for her :)
Right now I am worried her getting of the TPN , I hope everything will go fine and she has no side effects after she gets off.

We are off to see movie now. We have seen Scooby Doo 2 allready, but tonight somebody comes to Target house and shows it on Target house big screen. :)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It all sounds very normal.

The funny thing about the line is that they told every single patient I know they should keep the line in for three months. Even though they got it out.

But if she needs IV medications, then it probably would be better.

But keep asking. If Regina is OK with it, that makes things better, and she'll be getting it out before the weather gets really warm.

As a matter of fact, it's freezing outside right now. I haven't used the heat so much since we lived in this house, it cleared up this evening but now is freezing cold.

Kathy said...

When is Regina's MRI?

Queen D said...

I really don't know. They keep changing her schedule. At first it was on 18th, then 19th. So I just take one day at a time. And she has procedure on 19th . I am not sure what kind of procedure she has. Again, on thursday they tell me more about our future plans.