Friday, January 14

Herpes-UPDATE ABOUT REGINAS TPN

WELL, About 10 15 pm Reginas TPN pump broke down. I called coram and they sayed somebody will call me shrotly. I am waiting and waiting . Nothing. No call. I called them again and they sayed that they have called me couple of times. Yeah, I checked messages and of course they have called me. But my (^)*%^ phone just did not ring. I waitset perfect hour waiting for them to call me because of some stupid no ringing phone. NOW I have to wait another 1,5 hours before they send me another TPN bump , because this one has to be serviced. Oh boy. Why evrything has to happen middle of the night.



Well, Reginas labs came back positive( on her arm) , and that huge blister is herpes indeed. So Now she is taking antibiotics for it 4 times a day. She is on 4 different meds right now and and total times she has to take them orally 12 times a day. SHe does mind taking them because I tell her that It makes her tummy feeling better( I am such a liar- bad Momma. )

Today Country Cares was visiting hospital LOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS of people and lots of famous country singers( I am not into country music, so I have no Idea who they where, but I was told they are really, really famous. Lol

Then Regina got her monthly antibiotic shot, actually it took hour in medicine room , and it did make her sick , so she threw up because of meds.

On Monday she has speech, audiologi, A/t and E clinic lab check.
19th of January is very important day. It is her MRI and spinal tap day. You have no idea how much I want to forget about all what have happened to Regina and how it has affected us. Even though Regina is doing great I am worried sick. There are nights when I wake up and watch her to sleep. SOmetimes she is sleeping so peacfully it scares me. I try to wake her to make sure she is ok and alive. I don't want to be scared. I know all of us are scared one time or other about loved ones , but this time everything is different. Now I am worried about every step she takes. I am worried about how she speaks, how she looks, when those chemo side effects are starting to show, how well will she develop. How can I help her to make feel better about herself.
There are so many things I want to be answered right now. But only time will show what, when , where , how.

Why it is so hard to live one day at a time??

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You will be happy to know that I have all the answers this morning!

It is hard to live one day at a time because sometimes one day is way too much. One hour, one minute, sometimes five seconds at a time, that's all we can do.

Regina's pump broke down in the middle of the night because there is a secret mechanism built into all medical equipment that guarantees that they won't fail during regular business hours. This cuts down on their workload so they can attend to their regular stuff during the day.

The phone didn't work because it came unplugged again (am I right?).

None of Steven's fevers came in the daytime, in his case they usually came too late for the hospital shuttle, more like midnight or something. I decided the reason for this was that God decided that I didn't deserve to sleep.

I couldn't just take the car because Doug would need it to take Sean to school so we would have the choice of waking Sean up and making him ride over to the hospital or calling a cab, or going down to the living room at Target House and troll for parents staying up all night playing pool who might possibly have a car and take pity on us.

Once I called a cab and the driver was a toothless old man that couldn't see, one of the scariest drives of my life.