Tuesday, January 18

It sucks to be me

AHHHHH. Today is one of those" I FEEL HORRIBLE" days. My allergies are acting up. I am all congested and sneeze million times a day. I finally went to walgreens and got myself some benadryl. BUT I forgot one little thing about that powerful medicine. Yes, it did make me feel 10 times better but it also made me so sleepy /drowzy I was unable to walk. About ten minutes after I took medicine I fell asleep.

Regina was taking Benadryl all the time for her medicine allergies and before platelets and blood and it always made her sleepy. Why did I not think about it before I took the med. WAAAAAH.

REgina is doing good. She is playing dress up with my clothes and is all over the place. Her runny nose is back and seems like meds are not working as well as anticipated. Tomorrow I have to drop a note to doctor Gajjar about it.

OH, I think I forgot to mention to you all that Regina is on extra fluids during the night. Because one antibiotic that she is taking is hard on kidneys. She is not drinking as much fluids as needed and those 600 ml of fluids help her keep hydrated.
quote- The liver and kidneys work together to remove Acyclovir from the body. Patients with disease in these organs may have additional possible complications. Dehydration or kidney disease may increase blood levels of Acyclovir, increasing the chance of side effects. Make sure you are well hydrated while taking Acyclovir, or it may cause problems with the kidney.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that Regina is doing well and playing dress up! I am going to start sending things for her to your home because the mail is very unpredictable and hopefully you'll be heading home very shortly.

The next time you need something for your allergies, try Claritin-D. It doesn't make you sleepy. My daughter swears by it.

Hope everything this week goes well and you're on your way to California very soon.

Kisses to Regina--tell her I love the pictures of her, especially the "professor" one.

Love, Carol :)

Kathy said...

I was going to say the same thing about claritin. When my mother was having problems sleeping, her doctor told her to use benadryl, and it worked great except that over time she developed a tolerance to it. Benadryl knocks Steven flat.

Memphis is famous for causing allergy flareups. Between that and the temperature swings from day to day, it's not surprising that Regina's sick and you're feeling crummy.

What sort of herpes is on Regina's arm, is it type I, the same sort that causes cold sores?

We will hope that the awesome weather we are having right now will hang around until you come home, today I went to Starbuck's with my friend and we sat outside and I actually got too hot-- this after feeling like I couldn't get warm no matter what for the last month, even in my long coat. So warm that I think I'll get a pedicure tomorrow.

I love that photo of her in the glasses, also the one of her and Gabriel.

Sending prayers for tomorrow's MRI.

Queen D said...

I guess I have to go get some claritin tomorrow. :D

yes, herpes on Reginas arm is the same kind peope usually get on their lips. Acyclovir seems to be working .It is looking much better now. :)

California weather sounds so nice . :) I am starting to forget what it feels to be warm. lol
It is really cold and windy here.
Usually her MRI's and Spinal taps were done on same time, but this time they separated them.

Anonymous said...

Help!!!---I want some California weather. Second straight day here with temps in the teens. It's snowing lightly right now.
Benadryl is great for going to sleep. In fact, it's the "PM" part of Tylenol PM. It's also good for "itches" while other antihistimines aren't.
Love to Regina--hope all goes well the rest of the week.
Carol in Cold NY :)

Lennuk said...

I am sleepy right now even without Benadryl or Tylenol PM. (woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep for a couple of ours).
But California weather is nice!!!!!!!!! It's not just warm right now, it's HOT. I don't like it either, but HI, no complaints! Temperature it's in 80's.......
And now rain in the forecast!
Guys, hurry home!!!!!! ;)