Thursday, January 6

2 more days in Bclinic

I can not belive that on monday we will go back to E clinic( back to dr Gajjar). I told Regina and she asked if it means that No more DR Yusuf??? hahah. And when I told her that that is right she started jumping up and down and clapping her hands. I guess she thinks it is dr Yusufs fault that Chemo made her that sick. hehhe

She is doing much better. After she got her -hopefully- last blood transfusion , she was in all smiles and happy. But when nurses and doctors came in to sing her a song( NO MORE CHEMO), she started crying and told me that they are to loud, She was still cranky from benadryl.

We also saw nutritionist. And Regina is gaining weight, and since now she only gets 60% of her nutritional needs( TPN) , she shows signs of hunger and even eats more than ever before. :) So I guess somwhere in the end of next week , they take her off from TPN. That is great news, BUT, she has to eat at least 500 cal per day. I guess I can make her do that. ANything to get her off the TPN.

About me- today is the day that my teeth get pulled. I am telling myself NO BIG DEAL, but the thought of teeth pulled still scares me. I even had dream about me being without any teeth. And let me tell you, it did not look pretty.

Carol !!! We have not forgotten you. Regina was really happy when she got the blow pens and patterns. She did some great cards and was really happy to try something new :) Thank you !! I hope you got something little that we got for you :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's great news about the TPN. That will make your life much easier.

Was Dr. Yusuf your main doctor? We had Dr. Hale, saw Dr. Yusuf also when we were inpatient mostly, but of the B clinic staff, Steven liked Ken the best.

Even though Steven had fever, antibiotics and transfusions his last cycle like Regina, he was in such a good mood, I believe it was like a weight lifted from his shoulders that he knew he wouldn't be going back for more chemo.

So stuff that little girl with whatever she'll eat and start packing your bags, its time to go home!

And good luck with the teeth. I've never had to have any pulled, my wisdom teeth came in with plenty of room so I don't know what that's like. They'll give you good drugs to take care of any pain and anxiety, take advantage of them, you've had enough of that already to last a lifetime.