Saturday, July 21

:(


Still fighting with fevers. Today she had 38,9 c. Nurses just keep giving her tylenol, and doctors can't figure out what is causing fever. She does have infection in her urine. She also got tested for herpes ( in mouth), more labs, more tylenol, more antibiotics.. I feel nauseated just looking at her taking those meds without not a single complaint. :(
Reginas hair is falling out fast. Soon she will be one Bold Beauty with shiny head.. lol hospital room is ICY cold. And she has air conditioner right over her head.- 3 families have control over that switch, and I am telling you,,, I am not happy how it is controlled. I mentioned it to nurses, they just ignore that part... But honestly, IT IS COLD. So cold, her fingertips started turning purple .. And of course when I told that to nurse, they just told me to cover her up ( not to mention, 5 minutes earlier she had 38,7 fever and they asked me to take her blankets away. Reginas nurse has 4 other patients to take care off, and it it Saturday, but every day in this hospital is very crazy. I also send out few emails to dr and asked nurses about us moving to more private room- again no response. I am not sure how I am supposed to communicate here to get things rolling the way I think it is right.

  • Regina is neutropenic
  • Reginas nurse is way to busy even to give me her lab results ( I have asked 4 times today within 1 hour period)
  • She need private room
  • she needs nutritionist who knows about food and cancer more than just FOOD and what will make regina gain lbs. Nutritionist today- don't give regina anything to eat before you give her levothyroxin- ( Regina has been on it for 2 years, and in this hospital she has taken it for 2 weeks now.
  • Her nurse needs less patients because more people means more yucky germs
  • higher sanitation standards- not just washing hands.. Everything here is very self serve kind of thing.
  • I asked if regina can go out to playroom ( just wanted to check). I was told yes, she is fine to go wherever she wants. NOt to mention, she had 38 c fever at a time I asked. IF i was her supervisor, I would fire such nurse right away. OR send her back to school.
  • I know I sound really negative, but come on. We are dealing here with Regina, and since Regina is my daughter, I want best for her. I do not like sloppy splish splash kind of treatment.
  • Since she had fever today- it means 48 more hours in here. THIS HOSPITAL LIFE IS NOT FUN. NOT FUN at all. But we have to do it. I just wish that they have better ways to deal with Reginas situation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping things improve for you and Regina at the hospital. Praying that her fever breaks and all the infection clear up, so you can get out. Take Care, CArolyn LIlly

Anonymous said...

Unexplained fevers are the worst. Couple that with everything else that Regina is going thru & I can only imagine your pains, fears & frustrations!! Hang in there & keep doing what you feel is best for Regina. Big Prayers that the fever will subside so you guys can go home!! BIG HUGS to you!!

Terri

Anonymous said...

Oh how my heart aches for you and Regina! Please know that I shall be praying for you guys constantly. Ever so often I would be going about my day and my thoughts would go to you and Regina. At that point, I would say a little prayer for you both. May Regina's fever and infections clear quickly. May your frustrations and fear disappear. May Regina and you stay strong!! Remember God is ALWAYS! watching over you both.