Wednesday, February 9

Bai Nian, Bai Nian

...which is greeting in Chinese New year. And we celebrated Beginning of Rooster year with some of my DH friends. We had hot pot dinner. We bought thinly sliced meat and vegetables from Asian market and we boiled them and ate them with special sauces. Kind of like fondue , but only with water( no chocolate or cheeses). And we boiled meats, vegetables and soy products in that hot water. :o) . We also drank some Chinese liquor( 56%), some Chinese beers and Plum wine. Dinner was excellent. :)

My fasting( as I mentioned yesterday) ended today 6 PM. It means I fasted for 36 hours. I only had water, tee, coffee( 2 cups) and vegetabel broth. Starting from today I am back to my normal eating habits.

Regina had her labs drawn today. She started crying when she saw needle, but after she saw that her "poke" was covered with Garfield bandaid, she was happy again. It is so weird. Usually in St Jude we knew how her labs were 30 -45 minutes after they were taken, but here , in CA( LabCorp), we get results back on saturday or sunday. Oh, I don't like waiting that long. They told me that If I want to know how her labs were, I have to call them on Monday. It is a long wait. But the same time , looking at Regina, I know that all the labs will come back just fine because Regina is acting happy, active and ready to take life by storm. :) She really is recovering real nicely. Only thing I am still little worried is her apetite. She is eating, BUT not as well as I want her to. I want her to eat more nutitious food. But she likes mostly carbs, and meats make her throw up. :( . Good thing is she is Drinking milk :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Yum!

Your dinner sounds kind of like shabu shabu, the Japanese dish where you cook all the meats and vegetables in boiling water, except with shabu shabu there's also soba noodles and the end result is kind of like a soup.

When Steven needs bloodwork, St. Jude faxes me the order, which I fax over to my pediatrician. He makes a duplicate order and sends it to the hospital.

We take Steven over and get his blood drawn, when the results are available the lab sends it to his pediatrician, who in turn faxes it to both us and St. Jude.

Actually, it works pretty well. And we only get blood drawn at Children's Hospital because everywhere else I've been the people who draw the blood are not so good with kids. And I keep a couple of tubes of Elomax in my purse, which I put on his arm before we drive to the hospital.

Regina's appetite will come back, it was after Steven's first followup visit that I felt like his appetite was pretty much back to normal.

And it was 6 months before his ANC was up to what it was before treatment.