Tuesday, December 4

It has been really stressful week...


IN CHLA Healing Garden.
Right now I just want to let it out. I understand life in CHLA is stressful. But I do not agree name calling. Today happened something I thought only happens in Jerry Springer. Today , while we were checking in to CHLA, before us was one mom with a kid. Kid was adorable. Suddenly that kid started coughing out loud. Lot of coughing. LOT. I told Regina to stay next to me because we are not sure why that baby was coughing. ANd hell happened.
Mom flipped out... She started yelling at me.. YOU are stupid, she has asthma, you people always assume, ask first , stupid people... ( meaning WHITE people). I tried to talk to her, but she did not even let me say a word. It continued until we got to hemo/onco floor ( very painful 5 minutes). She was walking and yabbing, and yelling and talking. I told her, I am sorry lady. I do not have time for questions when it comes to sick kids. Your daughter was caughing AND my first respond was to PROTECT my daughter from germs. Now that I know, I am sorry about what happened. ...
It did not stop there. She kept going on and on and on and on.... ... Finally we reached clinic. AS I was walking to get Regina she said out loud BITCH( and few other ones). I froze for a moment. Clinic was full of people and they all heard. I walked back to her and told her.. I AM sorry , but you do not need to call me names. She looked at me and told me... Where is your daughters mask... LOOK , SHE IS COUGHING. ( well, regina was feeling nauseous because of somebody was wearing really strong perfum, and she WAS NOT COUGHING). AND she kept insulting me again and again and again.. Luckily CHLA reception girls stepped in and took good care of me. They asked me to wait until air is clear and then let me and Regina to go to get her antibiotics. It was really frightening for me. I tried to stay calm, but I just had one of the worst panic attacks I have had in years.. I was crying so hard It was hard to breath. My nose and face was getting numb... But after few hugs and calming words from other CHLA moms I felt better again... But then Dr Dhall entered and asked what's wrong and I started crying again.... and told him what has happened...


IT is all way to much stress to deal with and I guess I just needed to let it out... BUT GOOD news about Reginas MRI but a smile to my face and it is still there :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, that is so awful...

we prayed for you on the way home from our (stable) scan...

hang in there.
peace,
Kristin, Genna's mom

Anonymous said...

((hugs)) and prayers for your family. It's 9:30 on East Coast so you're at the hospital now...praying hard for you and Regina today!!

B said...

Diana,
You are under incredible stress and I am amazed at how well you handle it. But I know that you do what you have to do for your child. That woman was soooo wrong and if it had been me in your place, I probably would be writing this from jail, because I would have had to knock the crap right out of her! Glad to hear that Regina's MRI is good. I am still praying for her and believing God for a complete healing miracle for her. Hugs and Smiles to you all!

Patty said...

I'm so sorry you and Regina had to be subjected to someone like that. Just looking at Regina she should have realized how sick she's been, compared to her daughter with asthma. Which can be and does get bad. But alot of times it's made worse because someone in the family DOSE NOT quit smoking and the child has to breath in all that second hand smoke.

Good luck, keeping Regina in my prayers.