Thursday, May 1

Heart Attack...


Regina ran away today. Yup, she took off like there is no tomorrow.
I went to pick Gabriel up from YMCA. REgina told me that she is tired and sleepy and wants to say in car, so I LET HER.( I kNOW, I should not have, but YMCA is right there), and it only takes me 2 minutes to pick Gabe up. SO on our way back to parking lot one of the mom mentioned that Regina was on parking lot .
SO I went out to look for her ... SHE WAS NOWHERE TO BE SEEEN. I was panicking. I ran to her classroom to see if she went to see if Ms. French was still there. SHe was not there. I LOADED Gabe to car and took off as fast as I could. I knew She was walking home, because she mentioned to me before that she wants to walk home... ANd finally everything started to make sense- Her pretending that she is tired and sleepy....

SHE WAS running , she was running towards home, when she saw my car she did not stop, she kept going. Sadly I was on other side of road .... and out of nowhere came one nice female police officer. SHe saw my car, she saw girl on the other side of the road and she asked me what was going on and if Regina is my girl- I told her fast what is happening, she turned her car around , spoke to Regina and took her by hand to my car.... SHe also gave Regina speech about bad people and not to do this again. REgina apologized to me, and I could see that she was very embarrased...
At HOme she broke down and started crying and told me that I am mean mom, since I do not let her do what she wants to do....

I know SHE PROMISED never ran away again, but IF YOU SEE tiny bold girl walking on side of the ROAD, then know there is one very scared mom looking for her......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) I know that had to totally scare you to death!!!! Glad she's back home and safe with you! I guess we forget how we were little once and it doesn't matter what your health issues are sometimes you still pull a stunt like that!