Wednesday, December 1

Hearing loss.

Today Regina had Audiology evaluation. They do it every time after each round ends. This time news are not so good for us. She has some hearing loss. She does not have to wear hearing aid, but damage is there. And her eveluation showed damage to high pitch sounds. So we have to be really careful about exposing her loud sounds. Now we have to wait until 4th round to see if chemo does more damage to her hearing. :(

SEnd some good thought to her way and pray that her hearing does not get damaged any more .

She also had to get blood transfusion. It took about 3 hours. Now we are back in target house and taking a rest from this long day.

Carol!!! We havent forgot about you. Regina ofthen asks questions like Where Carol really lives, and does she likes me and why is she so good that she sends me so much goodies. :) She really is thankful for everything good that is going around her. :D





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Regina's hearing loss, but, hopefully, it won't get any worse. She still hears you well and that's what's important--although, as she gets older, she will pretend NOT to hear you--LOL.

I have enjoyed looking at all the great photos you post. Incidentally, you and your sister are much cuter than the Olsen twins! They USED to be cute, but they scare me lately.

Tell Regina I really live in New York, which is a whole country away from California. We live in a house where there's grass and flowers, but if you drive less than a half hour and go through a tunnel you end up with lots and lots of very tall skyscrapers and it's very, very busy and exciting. And I like to send her things because she likes the same kinds of things I do and because my daughter is all grown up and doesn't play with toys and stuff anymore. So it's fun to pick out things for her. I go into a store and say "what would I like to play with if I were 5 years old" and then I buy stuff and send it to Regina. I always liked to color and draw and read and I always liked cartoons and princesses and cute things. I still like those things!! And tell Regina I also send her things because I think she's a very sweet, adorable little girl. And she has a nice mommy!!

Good luck to Nick!

Carol :)

Anonymous said...

oi seda oli küll kurb lugeda, et selle kuulmisega need asjad nii on nagu nad on... aga noh loodame et hullemaks ei lähe siiski.
Me mõtleme teie peale iga päev,
Maarika

Kathy said...

I'm very sorry to hear about Regina's high-pitched hearing loss. Steven had the same, and for some reason it almost always happens after the third cycle.

It also usually doesn't get any worse. I believe Steven's hearing now is the same as it was after the third cycle.

We're flying home today from Hawaii. I'm sick, I have 102 degree fever, it hasn't ruined my vacation but I'm not looking forward to a day on the plane feeling sick.

Lennuk said...

Hello again! Haven't been "here" probably for a week as I have had crazy time with my sister leaving and my Mulgikapsas project. I am tired, but enjoying the thought of December being here.
Can you imagine, your time at St. Jude will be over soon. :)
I hope everything will be OK with Reginas hearing. I will keep my fingers crossed!!!
I wish Nick "easy leg" (kerget jalga) for his run!
For how long they will stay there in Memphis?
And... when will you come home?

All the best to you all,
L.