Wednesday, March 12

My brain is turning into mush.....


OH drama. This time it is all my fault ( I THINK). I called to CHLA to confirm REginas tomorrow appointment. INSTEAD i found out REginas appointment is TODAY, And it is in 2 HOURS. SO I just dropped whatever I was doing , crabbed my kids and SPEED to CHLA. And made it ON TIME.
Reginas Pentamidine treatmend was due today , so after lab draw she did her Antibiotics( to prevent Pneumonia). THis treatment is about 30 minutes long and tastes horrible, but we only have to do it once a months- Instead of twice a day 3 times a week oral pills. . Everybody who is in same room with Regina has to wear masks, because we do not breathe in ANTIBIOTICS WE DO NOT NEED@!!

Arond 4.30 pmis. We finally saw Dr Dhall. Ok , Here's the deal. Sadly Reginas blood counts are not where they suppose to be right now. Her platelets are STILL under 100 000, and to start prevention chemo Platelets have to be over 100 000. BUT we can start with Accutane, - this is not a chemo drug.
So on monday we start this- 2 weeks on it, 2 off,2 on it , 2 off.. Hopefully she will not have any horrible side effect like Depression and suicidal thoughts and headaches, or fluid build up in brain. Anyway... We will recheck her labs in 2 weeks, and hopefully by next month her platelets will be above 100 000.

Oh, and I am not sure what bit Regina... She has been reading books ALL THE TIME. And she was the one that HAted reading.. .now alls he does is Read... Even while she eats her dinner, or does coloring .. good, but weird....

1 comment:

cakebaker_cakemaker said...

Hi, I have just found your blog...surfing blogs a bit today.

My heart goes out to you and your little girl...how brave she must be going through all this treatment...hope the treatment is successful in the long run...but for now be brave and my thoughts are with you and your family....
Karen