Thursday, March 20

Denstist.


SO I took Regina to see dentist today. She had to have "mini "root canal and filling. AGAIN- MOST likely it was what caused her cheek to hurt. She feels much better right now, and she tells me her pain is gone.

Now about dentist. I love my dentists. They are great and whole staff there is amazing . Starting from receptionists and ending with doctors... Anyway, today I had Really hard time with Regina being in pain, and doctor "hurting" her a little with needle. In CHLA I was so used to great pain management team, and premeds to loosen Regina up etc... and giving her laughing gas and all that fun stuff. So there she was sitting on chair, crying, telling to doctor that he is going hurt her and she does not want him to hurt her, and I am trying to calm her down... and then doctor tells me - OK mom, calm down and sit right there , Regina can give attention only for one of us....

Instead of me telling me what really was in my mind I just started crying. I understood what he was saying and I understand that It is hard to work when " moms like me" are distracting but it was very hard for me to accept that he told me to Shut up. So there I was imagining how I stuck a needle of numbing fluid into him... hehe...lol Srry, I am just evil..
He is a great dentist and did great job on Regina and thats only thing that matters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that was hard for you but I totally understand your dentist. I run into this all the time at the office where I work and parents sometimes get very upset with me. But it is very distracting to the child to have more than one person talking and the child doesn't know who to listen to. I gently say to the parent 'do not say anything unless I ask them to'. I know parents only mean well but it is sometimes necessary! Keep up the good work raising your children and don't be upset with your wonderful dentist!!

Queen D said...

;)Only reason I do not shut up on doctors offices ( I used to be the quiet one is) I am sick and tired of wrong diagnosis. I am my child's best advocate, and if doctors can't handle me and my questions, then most likely they can't handle Regina ;) And I can't handle one more wrong diagnosis.... But I do understand doctors have to do their job... and us mom can get distracting....