Sunday, May 15

Sorry for the lack of entries

My laptop is out. I can not acces blogger from it or word documents. If I start typing my entry it slows down and eventually will freeze my toshiba.. I did virus scan on my lapt. and it has 13 different viruses( one of them trojan), and data miners and other weirdos lurking in. What I don't understand is that my virus deffinitons are up to date, but norton did not detect anything. Right now I am typing from PC upstairs and it works fine, which means problem is in my laptop.

I am not that smart to get rid of all the viruses by myself, and I don't trust this current virus scan I have. What are the other options I have to clean my computers from S**t? Should I call to geek squad and they help me? DOes any of you know how much do they charge?

Thanks for your patience and talk to you real soon again.

PS. Kids are doing awsome. :) Happy and healthy :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this doesn't show up twice!! I have a toshiba laptop too, and have had the same trouble with mine. I did send my laptop back but it came back still "sick". My husband works for toshiba and we don't even get any special help!! Anyway he restored my laptop back to a few days before the problems began and it worked for us, give it a try. If it doesn't work let me know and myabe we can help you "live" or something. I have been following your website since late fall, I am so glad to hear things are going well. I came across your site from another St. Jude child I know. Let me know if you don't get the laptop going, as for the geek squad, i hear they're pretty pricey and not very good, I've never used them.

Queen D said...

Hi :) THank you for checking in on us. :) Today I did go to best buy to meet with Geek squad. When I told him all the problems I have( about 10 of them), he started laughing after each problem occured- I think all the other customers who standing behind me got smiles on theyr faces also after each problem I repsesented to that geek guy. Well, my computer is infected with spyware and viruses and window 32 errors, and fan constantly on and computer not shutting down and then after it finally shuts down it starts again etc..and some new stuff he was not sure what they were. They will swipe off everything I have ( we allready did all the needed pack ups), and my computer will be as new. I also purchased new virus and spyware protection. and my comp should be ready on wednesday night. We'll see. Total price to pay- 150 dollars.

Queen D said...

I forgot to add- we did restore our laptop back before problems started and it worked also for a while, but my computer is so vulrneable( sp) to everything out there, so I decided to give those handsome geeks a try.

Lennuk said...

Diana!
My hubby run ad-aware on my comp and it found soooo many infected files.
My suggestion! Do not use Internet Explorer. Use Firefox. Supposedly IE brings in spyware and stuff.
I have Toshiba too. Very happy with it! But yeah, from now on Firefox for me!

Anonymous said...

yeah sorry i did forget to mention that explorer can be trouble!! i'm glad it's fixable, boy aren't computers great until they break??!!! It seems my computer always needs this or that and when i tell my hubby it needs help he asks what'd do if he didn't work for the electronics companies!!! I say " i couldn't even think about not having you, sweetie"!! Gets him every time!!! and it's been over 20 years we've been married at that!!!!