Friday, May 27

05.28.04

Honey, please come home, we need you now...... June 27th, 2004. That was the phonecall I received from my husband. I was in Estonia - my annual vacation spot. My dh told me that Regina was having surgery, but he did not tell me that it was brain surgery. I backed my bags, Called airline compony to change my ticets - i could not, I had to purchase new set of ticets( 1400 dollars) drove 4 hours to Tallinn, went to my best friends house and waited my husband to call me and update how Reginas surgery was going. I was told that Regina had minor stomach surgery because her intestines were all twisted. So he updated me in every 30 minutes and he was soo calm. In the end he told me that surgery went well and Regina was doing great.

Little did I know what really went on. finally, day afer surgery I started my 18 hour flight back to USA. My best friend J here picked me up from airport. The whole time I noticed they were kind of looking at each other when I was talking aobut Regina and What I did in Est, but I thought I was being paranoid.

I arrived day after surgery 11.30 . In the chapel of Children hospital of Orange County he broke the news." Regina had Brain surgery"
I could not belive it. I did not how to react , I did not what to say, I thought I was having a bad dream, I wanted to cry but I could not. I thought for sure we had lost her. SHE HAD BRAIN SURGERY.
Everything finally started making sense. I knew why she was vomiting for a month, I knew now why she was tired, I knew now why she told me that her forhead hurts. But why her? She has done nothing wrong. She was just being happy but very unhealthy 4 year old. Maybe it was he tumor all along that was making her sick for all these years. Maybe......

Lot of you have heard her story many many times and I hope you are not tired of hearing it, because I'll be probably telling her story to people all my life. I am just so proud of her that she did it. She had that incredible strenght and courage to pull through.
Everytime I told her to be strong and fight for her life she promised to do so. And she did. I still hear her fragile voice telling me " MOMMY, I promise I am strong". And after surgery she told me, " What did I tell you , I was sooooo strong. And she told me all about her head and how good she was feeling and how she missed me.

May 28th, 2004 changed our lives forever. We learned from this experiense, and grew stronger. Me met some great people and made good friends.

Oh, I am bawling like a baby now.

I just want to thank you all for being in our lives. Supporting us and helping us.
Thank you Dr Loudon in CHOC and medical team in ST JUDE for giving our Daughters life back.

:)

3 comments:

Lennuk said...

I am wiping my eyes...
Hopefully everything is good now... for once and for all!
Be strong!

Anonymous said...

I am crying as well!!! I hope and pray everything iwll continue to go well for you guys!! Keep on telling your story you need too!!!!
Marie

Kathy said...

Regina is amazing-- beautiful, spunky and tough inside. You are so blessed to have her.

The really ironic thing about all this is that it is our sick kids that end up carrying us through all this bad stuff.

I'm so glad that she's doing well now and that you were able to get her the best medical care.

Give her a hug from us--