Sunday, November 20

What a day...

Whew- I am glad it is almost over. lol It started 7 am for me. I woke up, made my famous Estonian potato salad to my pregnant Mexican friend who was in mood for Estonian food. lol She is funny. She is pregnant and has these weird pregnancy food moods. Since she DOES not cook ( yup, she eather eats out or orders in), I help her out in food department. After that kids woke up, we made pancakes and waffles, and cupcakes for breakfast . Gabriel wanted to have his farfalle pasta- FOR BREAKFAST!!!!!!!! Then we just watched some old christmas shows for kids and around noon time we headed out to Reginas friends B-day. AGAIN, it was in Scooters Jungle- THE hippest place for 5-6 year olds to hang out and chill. lol Us moms just sit there and wait until 3 hour fun is over or take slides with kids and play ping pong . After that party we went to someone elses house for hour- another B-party/ early Thanksgiving party combined and then party NO3 was in our neighgbors house who also celebrated Thanksgiving little early. Menu for a day was filled with pizza, potato salads, turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pies, cookies , nuts , beans, mashed potatoes, spinach( spelling) tips, and other foods that tend to make you really fat. But it was fun day. It is 8.41 now and both kids are in bed and sleeping. They were worn out today. Really.

Regina is doing pretty well. She has runny nose that does not want to go away. Lately she has been pumping her head into things . Falling down, hitting her forhead with car door couple of times, pumping into things. Her poor head must be hurting all the time, but she never complains, so I really do not know if she is in pain or not.

We have been working on weekdays really hard past couple of days and she finally got them right now. She knows exactly what comes after friday and what comes after monday etc.

We also have been working on some other things like- If I ask from her , WHAT MAKES HER HAPPY- she tells me she does not know, or she is always happy- which is not true at all. When I ask from Gabriel what makes HIM happy, he has million answers, he tells me he loves playing with his cars, and eating corndogs makes him happy, jumping makes him happy, playing with mommy and daddy makes him happy etc. Then Regina hears his answers and tells me OH yeah, same things make her happy to. BUT she can not answer to these questions first, she has to have examples.
If I ask from her what is her favorite book she tells me all the books, and then I start asking from her about if she likes scary scooby doo books, or Nightmare before christmas books, or my books etc. She finally gets it and tells me that she likes Dora books and strawberry shortcake books. It takes A LOT OF time for her to think and come up with answer, and most of the times she has no answers for my questions.
She also has become very sensitive to everything. She can not stand if I am right and she is wrong- She gets mad, really mad at me. She listens to me talk and sayes YES mom, and then she forgets it.

EX. She was sitting on sofa. I asked her if she wants milk. She sayed yes. So I went and got her some milk. I gave it to her. She looks at me and tells me that she does not want milk she asked for ORANGE juice.
OR. She is dressed up and I am ready to take her to school. I tell her LETS go Regina, it is time to go to school. SHe tells me , YES mom. And she just sits there and does nothing. SOmetimes I have to tell her that couple of times before it registers in her brain. She finally gets it and does what I told her to do.

Other than that she is doing great. She is pretty happy most of the time.She misses her dad very much and ask constantly when he is coming home to play with her. :(

No comments: