Thursday, November 3

Monday, tuesday...

For now ,I am pretty sure Reginas memory and learning skills are not what they used to be. She used to know all the days of the week, months of the year.

I noticed that she asks me every day What day is it? I tell her what day is it and go on with it. So Next day she ask me again what day is it. I ask what comes after tuesday? She does not know. She tells me saturday or monday, but never the day that comes next. So now for about a week I have been constantly working with her , teaching what comes next and what is before. We do it in the car on our way to school and during her lunch. She remember them for a day- Like Whatever we go over on monday she will remember them for next few hours, but when she wakes up in the morning , she has no idea what is going on or what day is it. :( Gabriel knows all the days, months and he does not mix them up. He has memorised everything. And he remembers
them no matter when I ask it from him. She used to know when is her birthday ( 19th of sept) and when I asked from her when it is, she told me she forgot .
We also read every day. Sometimes she does very well with her words she knows- but there are days she does not recognise word- this, are, they- and there ara days she know all the words. So I really do not know how her brain works. But I know that mine stopped working, because I am running out of ideas how to make her perform better.

Today is one of those days I need hugs from people who care, but nobody is around. So here I am with my cup of decaff and pile of napkins next to my rocking chair... Today sucks...

3 comments:

Lennuk said...

i just can't belive... i wrote long comment and it got lost.
anyway ;)

i was going to write you e.mail, but decided to check your blog if here is anything new...
oh, diana! i am giving you a hug, another one and another one... it's big hug day!
i have been thinking of you, but just other things have been keeping me busy.
right now we have this car thing going on.
so, we bought the brand new car back in june. it was in the shop for 36 days!!! now we are fighting with the ford dealer to get the new one. but you know car dealers... they are just trained to give you hard time and bull s...
we have every right to get replacment under ca lemon law!
we even talked to the lawyers...
it is so nervewreking to play phone tag game with the dealership.
anyway...

hugtime!
maybe your expectation are too high? helen could not even tell me the weekdays. she remembers only friday as it is movieday. she is 4,5 years old. and has no idea of months. knows holydays thogh... and wants to make easter cookies all the time.
shoot....
need to run right now as helen is getting unpatient! talk to you later!
hugs! lots of hugs... and more hugs!

Queen D said...

(((()))) I hope you get your new car and it will not be lemon. I know one woman who had Lemony mercedes( she went back and forth with dealership for over a year and still did not get new car. (her car had brake problems, electrical problems, etc) They keep fixing her car, and letting her know that still investigating.:(

about Reginas memory- why I am worried- she knew her days and months, but it is just lately that I have started noticing these little things. We'll see how it goes. I know learning to read will be real struggle for her and we have to study heard to make her perform better

Lennuk said...

Diana, you are such a good mom!