Friday, November 25

Thanksgiving 2005



It was fun filled day. Day before thanksgiving we went to our neighbors house in Palm Springs. They just bought their second house there. People who know me, know that I am total chicken when it comes to driving to new places. My car has navigation system, but I still get all sweaty and nervous. So few days before our trip I did some research about addresses,and places and how to get from one point to another. etc. lol.
Anyway- our trip started out kind of weird. We were supposed to follow our friends to Palm springs( last minute thing). I was about to take 5 North( highway), when I suddenly hear cops, and fire trucks and ambulane everywhere. Oh boy, I just knew that there was accident on 5. I was so freeking right.
I got a phone call from our friends and they told us to wait for them , because we have to take another route to Palm springs. So we did. I followed them till Riverside- traffic was total bitch. HORRIBLE. I lost them about 6 miles before Riverside mall. My friends husband had business meeting somewhere there and me and Soch with kids just walked around in the mall until he was finished.
So finally around 5pm we started driving again - it was 60-70 mile trip from Riverside to Palm Springs. We followed our friends closely and it was around 7 pm when we finally arrived to Palm Springs. We all were hungry and stopped in KFC. KIDS ate without complaning - That was real fun for me to watch. lol.
-- After KFC we went grocery shopping. We bought food for our Thanksgiving dinner.

__ On Thanksgiving morning Soch baked really good chocolate cake, I made prep. for dinner and after Cake was baked we went to park to play. But oh boy, it was wrong thing to do. IT WAS HOT, and it was around 10.30 AM. HOT HOT HOT HOT. We only played for 30 minutes and it was enought. To much heat is never good.

Then we had simple lunch, kids had theyre quiet time , then played a lot indoors and around 4 pm I made dinner.

Our menu was not traditional at all. Our past week was filled with traditional thanksgiving food , so , I made something else.

-- Bacon wrapped, cream cheese and garlic filled chicken breasts
-- Potato , carrot, cabbage, squash cooked over low heat for about 4 hours.
-- Cream sauce for chicken
--Basmati rice with almonds
-- And Miss Sochys famous Chocolate cake

So , there you go. Nothing fancy. For kids we made pizza. After dinner we played and acted silly. And around 12.00 am we finally hit our bunk beds and fell asleep.

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lennuk said...

I love Palm Springs.

That's all what I have to say today.....