Tuesday, November 29

Short update.

There is nothing new to report. Both kids are doing really great. Both of them are happy and healthy right now.
I think I am starting to get Pre Memphis Syndrom . lol We will be flying over there on 11th( early morning) and back on 16th. I hate going there this time. HATE, HATE, HATE. On 12th there is little Christmas celebration on Reginas school and 16th is the last day of school this year. She will miss it. :(

I also found somone who will "adopt" Gabriel for a week . I feel horrible about leaving him with somebody else, but I really have no other choice right now. I do not want to take him to Memphis for 6 days. There are lots of things for him to do in the hospital that can keep him busy, BUT,for me, it will be one of the most nervwracking times ever. ( not because Gabe is there, but because I will be worried about Reginas MRI's and other apointments, and with 2 kids and no help at all- I'm sure I'll go grazy..... :)
Parisa- right now I have no Idea how I can pay you back- I probably will babysit your kids rest of my life...... ;) Thank you so much for that great offer. I would have never thought about asking it from you :)

Oh- I think I am allergic to my cat. I can not get myself tested this year b/c of insurance issues, but all the signs are telling me that my rescent healt problems are b/c of my naughty kitty. So kitty has to go. Sooner the better. Kittys Original owner will take him back and keep him. :) So at least I know that he will be in good home. :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

For me, there's both the PRE Memphis symdrome, followed by the POST Memphis syndrome. I'm just starting to come out of the POST syndrome, it always seems to take me 1-2 weeks after to get over all that extreme stress.

The only thing I can tell you is that my period of greatest stress comes right before we leave, this last time I was very weepy before we left, part of it is leaving Doug and Sean behind, it seems sometimes unbearably cruel to have to leave our support system behind and to travel so far for such stressful tests.

Once we get there and are settled in our room, I usually feel a little better.

Why such a long visit? This must be considered your one-year visit, with all the cognitive testing.

And if you ever have problems finding a place for Gabriel, you should ask us, a week in our house and he'd be cured from those princess dresses forever I promise :-)

We're praying that all goes well for Regina, and that you don't end up having to wait over 2 hours for Dr. Gajjar like we did.

Queen D said...

They scheduling is done poorly this time. There is no cognitive testing scheduled.
12/12-
07.30- A/T assessement
08.00 Endocrine clinic followup
09.15 assesement and triage( again)

12/13
12.15 MRI IV sedation
02.45 recovery

12/14
11.30 MRI IV sedation
12.45 MRI
1.45 Sedation Recovery

12/15
09.00 Speech
09.30 No on Therapy
10.30 procedure( SPINAL TAP)
11.00 SEDATION RECOVERY

I am not happy about this cheduling . not happy at all. They should have scheduled Monday and thursday activities on one day. :(

Kathy said...

I've got several comments. First, call endocrine (since I think that's your first A/T) and ask in advance if Regina needs to be fasting, because sometimes this is the case and they don't tell you.

Second, ask if they can draw both labs at the same time, we always do this and if you ask in advance they'll do it. Actually, what usually happens is that they postpone the labs until Steven gets his IV in E clinic, then Leslie draws all his labs right there and we're done.

Third, please tell me that they aren't going to stick Regina 5 times, once for each procedure and twice for labs. We always do the IV first, then leave it in until they're done, we've had it in up to four days. They always say they can't do it, it's too long, then they do it anyway and everything works out fine.

It sure seems like your Monday appointments could have been scheduled on Thursday.

Maybe you should get a car this time and go to Buns On The Run and the zoo-- if the weather is good looks like you'll have plenty of extra time to spend.

Queen D said...

Oh yeah, I called and asked about cheduling- All I heard was BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. Oh yeah, they will stick her at least 5 times. Last time we wanted her IV in, and we got OK on that. And then they changed nurses and new nurse pulled it out!!!!!! But she is really good with needles, so I am not worried about that.