Friday, July 29

Update about Reginas cough.

Reginas cough just got worse and worse and meds just did not work. So I took her to new doctor today. One of those walk in offices. Doctor got Reginas chest x rayed and she has some fluids on her right lung. They swithced her antibiotics and these should take care of her condition. She also has very bad case of cold sore in her lips, on her skin under her nose and in her mouth. She NEVEr got sores in her mouth during the chemo but now she has, so now she has to be on oral zovirax. :( Poor thing, she feels so uncomfortable with everything that is going on with her :(

3 comments:

Kathy said...

From someone for whom pneumonia has become an annual occurrence, we get great results with zithromax.

So sorry about the cold sores, those can be sooo painful.

Make sure to mention that when you go to Memphis. The kind of sores you get from chemo are completely unrelated to cold sores, cold sores are caused by a virus, the chemo mouth sores are caused by the chemo destroying the lining of your mouth. Although there are others as well, methotrexate is the drug that usually causes mouth sores, and thankfully that drug isn't part of SJMB03.

I'm leaving to go watch the boys fish now, you can wish me luck.

Queen D said...

Yes,I know they are not related, but it is just weird that she gets them now. She is some kind of new antibiotic she has never been before I am not sure what is the name of it. I will check later.

I hope you have your chicken livers with you. It is more fun that way ;)

Anonymous said...

Hope Regina feels better soon!! Happy thoughts for a a nice relaxing day for kids and mom both!!!! I feel for you I know what it's like to play "daddy" too while he travels for business, it is not an easy job!!!! I feel for you, sneding happy thoughts your way!!!
Marie
mtvass@charter.net