Sunday, July 10

Herby fully loaded.

What a day, what a day. lol. Kids have been misbehaving today. They both wanted to see Herby movie. I thought, what the heck, I can handle them. But on boy, was I wrong. We went to one smaller mall where tickets are only 5 dollars instead of 7.50. It is a cute little movie theater with 4 theaters inside. We got the tickets, got in and stood on line to get popcorn and coke. SUDDENLY- gabriel HAD to go to bathroom. When we first stood on line there were 10 people before us and when Gariel wanted to go to the bathroom there was only O N E person. So I took both of them to restroom. In restroom he tryes really hard to pee, but since HE really did not have potty problem he only managed to push out one little drop. I was mad, soooo mad. We got back online and waited more, because there was new line for popcorn. We finally got our popcorn and went in and found seats. In about 10 minutes into movie GABRIEL wanted to go to potty again. I new he did not have real potty problem . I told him NO bathroom and made him sit on his chair. Minute later he wanted to go again and I had to take him . Same thing happened as before- no pee. He just wanted to get out of theater.
We went back inside and guess what happened?? He dropped all of his popcorn and candy- while sitting on his chair. I was getting furious. I told him, I am not getting new one, so there you go. Sit and enjoy the movie.

Minutes later Regina wanted to go to potty. I was about to scream , I WAS about to have nervous breakdown right there . I took her into bathroom because she really wanted to pee. THEN again we got back in and took seats. Regina tells me she does not like popcorn anymore ( she only had about 10 bites). I WAISTED 8 dollars for dropped candy, popcorn and coke they did not want to have. I really did wanted to slap someone right there, but I kept it cool. We were about 40 minutes into movie when Gabriel suddenly wanted to sit on my lap. I told him no because we are in move and he has to sit on his seat. Then Regina started wiggling around like he had worms in her ass. MOMMY, I AM SLEEPY, you have to take me to your lap..

NOOOOO, NOOOOOO, and NOOOOOO. Sit on your seat and watch the movie. End of story. They managed to watch rest of the movie without any problems. BUT when movie was over I told them it is time to go to home. REGina started kicking and screaming - I DONT WANT TO GO< I WANT TO HAVE COOKIE MONSTER AND ELMO COOKIE. I DONT WANT TO GO. She was about to throw herself on the floor and scream even louder. I dragged her out of the mall, she was still screaming on top of her lungs. People thought I was probably kidnapping kids from movie theater. It was bad. but since she did not eat her lunch, she did not eat her popcorn- simply because she was not hungry, I decided there is NO COOKIE, because she is not hungry. She was screaming the whole time she was sitting on the car and I was driving home . It is about 15 minute ride . I have never, ever heard her scream like that. Not even during her chemo treatments. But I guess, she wanted to have her cookie so bad she had to make screaming point. I DID NOT CARE.
We got home around 2 pm. I told them it is nap time, since they both wanted to sleep in theater, Regina threw another slightly smaller fit but she went to bed. SHE JUST HAS TO MAKE HER POINT. I am not going to give in. I have to handle them alone, I have to do this, to that, go there, stay there, pay these bills, go birthday, handle some stupid healtproblems.
I really hope she learned her lesson today. SHE SIMPLY can not get everything she wants. I am not going to give in anymore. SHe has to earn it, and so does Gabriel. They have to prove to me that they deserve the treats and snacks and toys.
I am drinking my peppermint tea again ( I planted some peppermint on my backyard and now I have fresh calming remedy on hand). We have long way to go. But thins have to get back to somwhat normal. Regina hsa been very mean towards people letting them now that she does not like them or simply hides behind my back and tells me she does not like to talk to anybody just because..... And when I tell her she has to be nice and respectful she tells me she does not care. She has good moments also, but right now I concentrate on her bad side that is slowly overtaking her good side.

I hope after they wake up the are hungry and ready to eat some food- REAL FOOD. NO snacks, no chips, NO sugar, NO CANDY. ALl they get today is carrots and peas and beens. HA. Play nice or next thing you get from me on mail is nice can of pork and beans

4 comments:

Lennuk said...

oh, you had handful there....

have you tried valerian? (palderjan) works magic in these kind of situations for me :)

Queen D said...

I have not thought about it. Do I get it from healt stores of from pharmacy?

Kathy said...

I know valerian works great for some people, but if I take it in the evening, next day I have splitting headache.

I guess I don't even know for sure it was valerian, but I got that super Sleepy Time chamomile tea, the regular one is just chamomile and the super has valerian and St. John's wort. I've had all the ingredients before except valerian and I never get headaches and both times I got a really bad headache and I gave the tea away to a friend.

We've had days like yours. Your kids, you're doing the right thing, just set rules and the most important thing is be consistent-- if you threaten something you've got to follow through. It's impossible sometimes not to get mad, but I try, just set the rules and if they break them, just give consequences.

Lennuk said...

Valerian! I love valerian! Not that I am addicted or anything... (just finished a little bottle though, irw! don't need another one, or maybe.... just in case!) but it reminds me my granny. her house smelled sometimes like valerian.
i had bottle of latvian valerian (my sister left it here) - it was damn good! (i put it in the sleepitime tea to get my hubby to bed - it makes you sleepy and relaxed - otherwise he will stay up all night)
sigrid got hers from whole foods.
i got sleepitime tea (celestial sleepitime - i think what it was) from whole foods (for hubby - he is owl)
anyway....