Monday, August 31




Monday... Blue , blue monday. Tears , few tears here and there.
I start with REgina. She slept most of yesterday, and most of today. OR she pretended sleep so nobody could bother her. I had hospice nurse visit yesterday to check her out, because I was very worried about her. I also called hospice nurse today and C. Came to visit REgina. Regina had her first meal today:) She woke up and after LOOOONG convincing speach she finally agreed to go to bathroom and eat something... SO Nick hurried to CHILIS and got her pizza :) During waiting period Regina told me that she wants to have Birthday party , and she wants to have at least 20 people at her party. SO on Wednesday Morning we are having little birthday breakfast for her. It is her wish, and it is my job to grant it. Nothing big. Just quiet sitting. Most likely she will be sleeping the whole time, but I will be at peace knowing I made her wish come true
I ALSO went to O Connor Mortuary today. Those f....salespeople. Seriously. They so wanted to take advantage of me today. Thank god I had my Friend J with me, so she could witness the whole thing...
Anyway. On Fairhaven Mortuary they offered me 50% child discount. So price was good .. I liked it, but Fairhaven is far from our house...
SO , In O connor they pulled out price list, and that DUDE with soft , valming voice started writing me up, and telling me , ok, lets fill out some information and let's get this "party" started.... I was like WOW... Listen, Don't you guys have child discount. This almost 5000 dollar fee is way to high, and um, if it is so high, I don't think I will choose you... So guy says. No , I don't think so. Under 3 year old we have discounts but she is almost 10... I was like ok....
So he says.. WAIT, I will be right back. He disappears and comes back with PRICE LIST for kids under 3 and kids under 12. AND sure enough, they had a 50% off for kids under 12... HA.. IF I would have not asked about discount, he would have charged me full price, plus more.. Talk about taking advantage .... ALso.. HE commented about... SEems like I have been doing my research.....
In end I did sign contract with them. and got referral to visit Saddleback church in Lake FOrrest. Julee, and I knew that this place was right for service. SO most likely we will use tent 2 that fits about 500 people.
http://saddlebackfamily.com/site/provider/siteprovider/saddlebackfamily.com/templates/servicetimesanddirections/campusmap.pdf Sue, who gave us a tour of facilyty, was very nice and cheefrul and helpful. Eventhough I only spoke to her about 5 minutes I felt very welcome . I feel good about things I have acomplished but I feel sad about things that wait ahead.

11 comments:

The ParTea Planner said...

Diana, what can I do on Wednesday morning? I can bring a large griddle to make pancakes? I can bring SnoCone maker, can do face painting, glitter tatts WHATEVER.

And Saddleback is wonderful, they really impress me there. They are very genuine folks.

Risa

Anonymous said...

I`m so glad she had a little better day and that she wants a B-day party! :) I wish I could come...

And what a strong sharp lady you are under these conditions to show these salespeople their place- well done!

I wish more very good days for her and you all and more happy moments to create happy memories :)

My what good taste you have! said...

Diana,

You don't know me, but I know of you and your beautiful daughter through my friend, Risa.

I wish I had a real magic wand right now, but alas...

However, I can tell you that there are people that don't even know you who love you. There are people who don't know Regina personally, but know her through you. And there are people who will miss her along with you.

I can also tell you that her light is so bright and shiny that it's amazing! That beautiful child brought so much good to so many people in her short years - and she's not finished quite yet!

I have experienced the death of my only daughter, Kelsey. She was almost 8 - just entering the second grade. I'm not sure, but I think she still believed in Santa Claus. She (thankfully) died suddenly and unexpectedly of a brain aneurysm on Valentine's Day 1996. This year she would have turned 21.

I know that Kelsey is waiting to play with Regina in heaven, and she will never experience anything but joy as she waits to see you again.

May God wrap his arms around you and your family. May you know that you will are not alone. Time doesn't heal, but it helps.

With love and prayers,

Jody Taylor-Smith
xoxo

Joanna said...

Diana, just telling you again how much we love you. You're in our thoughts.

Unknown said...

I have been hoping and praying for you and your family,We have donate to St Jude and trying to figure out what to do,Can Jake come by for REGINA PARTY,Can you see what would make her happy at the party

Anonymous said...

you are amazing. i cannot imagine doing anything that you have to do daily.

i think of you often. love to you and your family.

xoxo - tiffani

the undomesticated wife said...

I love that you are doing a birthday party, that is a great idea. :)

I can't believe the guy from the mortuary is treating this like the sale of a car! Disgusting! Did he actually say "let's get this party started"?!?!

Keep your chin up Diana. I think you've shown a lot of strength, class and will.

xoxo
Gari-Ann

Queen D said...

Sandra :) It is fine :) Jake and You can come over :) we get started aroudn 10.30. Nothing special, just letting her know that we care :)
Gari ann- THANK YOU for Sending Gabe and Regina cool cards :):):):)and well, his tone of voice was like--- GIMME ME YOUR MONEY, so I can go to shopping...;)

the undomesticated wife said...

You are so welcome...I wanted to make sure Gabriel got something in the mail, too. It's always fun to get mail! I hope you guys are having a better day today. ((hugs))

And I'm glad you had a friend go with you to the mortuary. Having that support is so great, plus, she can run "interference" for you with those "salesmen."

Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I have followed your story through Risa. I have shed tears daily as I follow your story. You are an amazing family full of love and I respect all that you are doing for her. The birthday party I am sure will make her smile way down inside....god bless you all on her day.

Leah said...

I would like to punch that guy in the head. :( I am so sorry. I LOVE Saddleback. They have beautiful heart.