Saturday, September 5






Regina had amazing day today :) She moved me to tears :)
She was awake, alert, happy, eating, drinking, going to bathroom . ( In a way I hate these "sudden bursts of alertness" moments.... )...
Also we had visitors and she was talking to them:) Saying HI, good bye, smiling, having almost conversation with them...
You know, have been telling you all about how REGINA LOVES her webkinz, and I want to thank you for sending her webkinz:) She looks at them and smiles... She is happy .. BUT... Today she requested , she wanted to play her Webkinz, SHE WANTED, she requested couple of times... It was very hard for me.. We had visitors over when she asked, and I knew that she is not able to use computer, so I told her... Don't worry, we take good care of your webkinz. It's ok.. I Know I promised, but I don't think I can keep this promise.. To painful..
ANyway.. She smiled and said OK, MOMMY, she said it with sweet , sweet voice. I just teared up right away... Afterwhile she opened her eyes again and said.. NOW, please do COOLGABRIEL.. ( gabriels webkinz).. SO I said again. OK , REgina, don't worry. It is ok. Your webkinz will be fine .. She said again- OK mommy and smiled and closed her eyes.. SHe wanted to do so many things today. SHE really did. She tryed to watch tv, play computer, she SAT UP for an hour, with support of course, she ate MORE than usual, she smiled more than usual, she was really talkative...

AND.. on her confusion moment she told us... She wants to go home now... Well, she told that to Nick.. Iwas away for a second... This all is really, really hard. But she is such an incredible loving and caring person. She never complains, or SCREAMS, or yells... She just tells us what is wrong and we try to take as good care as possible...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never wrote to you but have been following your blog for along time and my heart is broken for what you and your family must be going thru.My Dad passed way 3 and a half years ago and before he did he said things like what Regina is saying.Regina is referring to her heavenly home. I will keep you all in my prayers and hold you close in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a few years now and have never written or commented. But i always come back for your updates. Regina is such a strong girl and you must be so proud of her. Enjoy every moment with your precious girl!! You are in my thoughts. I know it must be hard but thanks for keeping us updated.

Joanna said...

Diana -- So glad to hear Regina had a great day. Don't worry about 'keeping promises', what matters is you made Regina happy and comfortable, and that's what counts. Love to you all, hoping for more good days for all of you.

Patty said...

To Regina's family. I know this must be so hard on the entire family, watching Regina, losing her strength and not snapping back like she had been. But I am so glad you all are hanging together as a family and supporting her. So often something like this will tear a family apart. More then ever you now need one an other's support. Don't let little Gabriel get lost in all of this anxiety and confusion, which I'm sure you don't and won't. He always seems to be right there for everything. When this is all over, he's going to be one lost, lonely little fellow. He'll need extra loving, but I know you are aware of that also. You all seem like such a loving, supportive family. And you also seem to have so many friends that will be helping you. Again, sending all of my love to the whole family. Hang in there, it has to be hard, but you all seem like a very strong family.

Anonymous said...

You are truly an amazing family - I am sorry for all the pain this is causing you - It is not right. I hope with all my heart that this turns itself around. Regina has the most beautiful brown eyes.
Love from Monteal.
XXXX

Leah said...

You really are an amazing family. I agree with Jo! The promises are more important for the here and now. It's ok!!!! I am so glad she had a good day.

Anonymous said...

It was sure great to see you today. Our prayers are with you and your lovely daughter Regina. My heart goes out to your family. I see my daughter Cheyenne and it reminds me of the great times Regina and Cheyenne have shared together. Those memories will never be forgotten.

Take care,

Sherman

Katrina said...

I am so glad that you were blessed with a day in which Regina was interacting with you. I know it is a mixed blessing, but I also know that you have the deep wisdom to truly appreciate it for what it is. Every moment with your sweet girl is precious. I think you give all your followers the gift of realizing that we should remember that with our own loved ones. I just went to the memorial for a sweet 22 year old. Car accident. We must all cherish our loved ones. Let the unimportant stuff slide and remember to love, love, love.

Love to you,
Katrina

Anna Bartlett said...

I don't even really know how I came across your blog, but I'm sitting here, in Australia, in tears for you. I have two little girls of my own and I treasure them every day because I know so much is out of our control and awful things like cancer happen to beautiful people all the time. Keep on loving each other and know you are in my prayers from the other side of the world.

Colleen said...

So happy to hear about good days. I do believe the home Regina spoke about is heaven. Many people, especially children, are more aware and intune to their spiritual side. One of my favorite memories from Ellie's journey was when she told me about a 'dream' she had after her second brain surgery. She told me about a beautiful girl with long hair in a white dress. She told me the girl was outside her window looking at her and waving. She then told me the girl had white wings and asked me if I thought that may be her toothy fairy. I couldn't believe it! Ellie was just 5 at the time and could only relate a tooth fairy to someone with wings.

We continue to pray for Regina and all of you.

XO- Colleen

Sugar Bear said...

I came to your blog through Risa's. I have been reading of your journey and am sending loving prayers your way.
Karla

Steph said...

Non-stop thinking about you all....

The Village Paparazzi and The Boudoir Loft said...

I am sharing a song with you, asked Risa to share it with you. Bless her, bless you....love,love,love like no other...she feels you.
Let Go Lindsay McCaul Lay It Down - EP I think of her daily. I think Regina is so beautiful...I hug my children longer and stronger everyday. Thank you for words and thoughts. It changes us all. Kim