Friday, December 16

Now, back to our St Jude trip.

Overall It was great trip. Regina is doing better than ever:) Her speech is up to date, and speech therapist commented how good she is doing. I blamed it on Reginas teacher.lol They sayed that there should be more teachers and schools like that :)

And I am soooo proud of Regina. She did 2 MRI's without sedations. Unbelivable. She was so ready for it. No complaning, no tears, no fuss at all. She just climbed on MRI table , closed her eyes and fell asleep. And of course , everybody who was in MRI room told us, that even some 16 year olds can not do such a good job staying still. :) And they told REgina that she is the BEST MRI kid ever.lol

Since I did not have a car for my stay, We pretty much hang out in hospital or in Grizzlies house. This time of year there is lots to do. In grizzlies house there were 2 christmas parties with awsome southern dinners. lol First dinner had lots of food- BBQ meatballs, sweet and sour meatballs, chicken, vegetables, lots of different cheeses, fruits , drinks and variety of desserts. It was fun dinner. On thursday the Wilsons( sp?) hotels hosted dinner and after dinner Santa came and gave kids lots, and lots of educational presents. :) I could not belive the rudness of some parents and kids. They opened their presents, ran back and seyed- I do not like this toy, this it a baby toy, I want new toy etc. - I was embarrased for them. Gosh, gifts were awsome, not some cheep toys- those were Discovery toys, games etc. Anyway- it was just great. I even managed to get myself to feel chirstmasy for a while. :) There are good people out there .....

AND we are now home. It felt sooo good to hug my little boy after this stressful week. he had this silliest , cutest, sweetest smile on his face that melted my heart. Sadly I was just way to tired to enjoy it completely, and I did pick up somekind of stomack bug... anyway- I have been huging my kids on and off last 5 hours. I think they will be sick off my hugs soon. :):)


Now everybody - cross your fingers and hope for holiday miracles for us.....

No comments: