Thursday, October 27

Regina gets it from me...

Today I attended my first parent-techer conference. It lasted about 15 minutes. Within that time Reginas teacher told me how Regina was doing and what should we do to make her perform better. Overall she is doing really well. We do have to work on letter sounds. She knows her alphabet and numbers and her spelling is good when word is at sight. I expected Reginas teacher to give me these news. I knew it all along. :)

Then on a other note- Regina gets upset really easily. Ex. If someone sits on the chair she wants to sit or she has claimed it is HER chair, she will get teary. SHE wants to be FIRST, FIRST , FIRST - so we have to work on that it is ok to be second sometimes. :)

Her teacher told me that we are doing great job raising her that she is doing awsome. That just did it. I started crying. I swear, I felt little embarrased, but I just could not help it. Being a parent is hardest work in whole world. And I guess that I just needed to hear that and it made me feel happy :).

Gabriel is getting more and more social every day. He learns something new every day. His name is long, and he had hard time spelling it out. 2 days ago he could not spell his name without my help. BUT today, when Regina asked from him how to spell his name he spelled it right G A B R I E L T A N!!!! Oh wow. That was amazing feeling. He also spelled fox and cat and dog. He is little slow compare to Regina but he is on his way being a very smart young man. He is something else.... :)

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Does Gabriel know how to spell coat? Just wondering...

Your kids are great, the teachers have to see that too.