Tuesday, September 6

Here we are and things don't go as planned

Yep, Regina had her audiology ( hearing) apointment. Her hearing is good, but her high frequency hearing is in critical zone.

Last night I decided to call doctor on call here because REgina was coughing way to much. We got robitussin and her coughing slowed down. Then , around 3 AM in the morning I woke up becuase she was coughing. I touched her forhead and she was burning up. I took her temp and it was 102,7. I panicked and was about to call 911( trust me, my first thougt was Oh no, she has low counts and she can not fight infections now- St Jude makes me think that way). But I just applied damp , cold washcloth on her forhead for 2 hours. ANd in the morning her fever was gone. Almost gone.

Around 10 am we got called in to get her anestesia going. But Itold them what has been going on and they decided not to sedate her. NOw we are back in E clinic area. THey will thraw her labs around2.15, give her some codeine( spelling?) and try to do MRI without sedation. OH yeah, right lung has little wheezing in, so she has to be x rayed also. ( her MRI is scheduled around 5 pm).

On a good note- I have not smoked for 2 days, so I really did not make any good friends here.....

4 comments:

Lennuk said...

Good to hear that you got handle on this temperature!
Hope that this MRI thing is going to work out!!!!
will check later again.....

Kathy said...

St. Jude is 911 when you're in Memphis.

It's about 6:00 pm your time, so hopefully Regina is coming out around now.

I know lots of kids that can do it without sedation-- praying it all works out for Regina.

Kathy said...

Steven has a moderate high-frequency hearing loss. I don't know exactly what you mean by high-frequency hearing in the critical zone, but I hope she's doing OK with hearing.

Steven hears pretty well even with one ear, but in noisy situations we can see his impairment.

We're waiting to hear how things went.

Lennuk said...

I have been checking in constantly...
waiting the news!
You might be on the flight back already...
Thinking of you guys!