Monday, August 22

Hello!!

Sorry for not updating so long. Place where I stayed in Estonia had no internet connection and I was to lazy to drive to place where internet was present. During my 12 day stay , I did not watch tv, I did not waste time online. I drove around to see all the places I missed and visited with relatives who I have not seen for a long, long time. Sadly my stay was to short and lot of the people I wanted to see I did not see. But regardless of that I had fun. It was really truly refreshing to be back there. Nature is what took my breath away, everything was so green and breathtaking. It smelled fresh there, it looked peaceful and I felt energized but sad that I am not part of that corner of world anymore. But at least I have a chance once in a while to go back there to refresh my memories and chat with people I used to know very well. I noticed that I am starting to grow apart from people and culture. Lot of the times I did not know what to say or how should I behave. I also sensed the same from people with whoom I met up with. :)

Most frequently asked question was of course How Regina is doing- and of course my answer each time was she is doing really well. Sometimes I had to answer that question over 10 times a day. Other top ten questions were -How long to I stay, How do I manage to keep myself in such a great shape, Am i alone, why I am alone, Why I did not take kids with me, do I ever move back to Estonia, what did I miss the most about Estonia, how is the weather In california, do I teach kids to speak Estonian, and many more simple, but afterwhile little annoying questions. lol. :)

I wisited some beautiful places when I was there, I went trout fishing( but since I was such a bad fisherwoman, Sija had to get a fish, I ate lots and lots of good food and ice cream( I gained about 6 fat lbs, but I don't regret gaining it. It is good fat I gained, I ate all the foods I missed the most and of course it included lot of dark rye bread and a good local desserts( homemade ones). I did not have to buy apples or plums or cherries because my family has huge garden and everything is right there- pick and eat as much as you want.
I did miss taking showers though, but it does not mean that I did not wash myself. I boiled a bowl of water every morning and evening and washed myself manuallylol. I did spent some hours in sauna and I wish that we had sauna here in ca. I also survived car crash and couple of falls that made my butt turn purple.
I partyed with friends and drank the drinks I can not get here in US ( good Ciders, and other fun malt beverages that have very different flavour from usa drinks).

I did miss my kids and husband a lot. It felt very wery weird not to wake up every morning besides them. But the same time it was good not to wake up 6 Am :)

What I hated about my trip were flees- OH, I am a flee magnet. Grass flees, dog flees, you name it I got them and they left a itchy bitemarks on me. Of course the moment I felt the bite on somewhere I had to undress and find them or othervise they would have eaten me alive.
I guess it must be my AB negative blood. Luckily I did not have to experiense mosqitos because it is allready cool up there and mosquito season is almost over. But I got fleeeeeees. hate them. I hope that I did not bring any or them to here. lol

No comments: