Tuesday, September 7

Beijing


Beijing is pretty amazing place.   Our Park Avenue apartment is next to Chaoyag park-which is about 288.7  hectares large.  So we really do get little bit of everything- crazy city life and perfect green park with its amenities  all in one. Our apartment is on 27th floor, with amazing views to  everywhere.  It is very loud. SUUUPER loud when windows are open, but  even more amazing is this that when windows are closed we hear almost no honking or screaming or yelling. And trust me -- CHINESE LOVE honking. Honk, honk, honk..  pedestrians are not loved here. There is green light to cross the street -- and I almost got ran over by cars, and someone even yelled at me something in chinese-- I just raised my middle finger  and was in no hurry to "run away"... But yes, crossing a street can be a challenge.. One step forward , 2 steps back, slower, faster,   etc.. 
I am not complaining. I just find it  amazing, that  the moment you sit in your car, it becomes  target for honkers.. To slow- they honk, too fast-- they honk-- stop sign red light--- THEY HOOOONK..   I have to get myself pair of earplugs....


OH, another fun thing happened-- today I was walking ( about 8 mile  walk to discover what is around me ).. PEOPLE on cell phones are FUNNY!! SO I was walking, and suddenly i hear YELLING behind me, I turn around and there was one older lady, sitting on his bike and talking to  someone  and YELLING .  She was loud, loud , loud..  I wanted to tell her that   I think whole beijing heard what she was talking about, because I was not the only one who turned its head and stared...


To be honest-- I really like it here. I do.     The most I enjoy is that the moment I get out, There are  100 directions to go to and discover hundreds of fun or weird or whatever things  to do.   


I am sitting on my balcony right now and I have   this amazing view to stare at... I wonder what hides behind those buildings mile or 2 away...  I am sure I will find a way to get there and discover    as much as I can  ..
Right now I just take it easy MY way, which means  walking about 10 -14 km per day  and taking photos of things I find interesting :D

No comments: